Life Verse - Philippians Philippians 1:6, 1:21
Prison was not A SETBACK for Paul. Philippians 1:1-14
• Is there anything in your life that you would consider a setback. Something that would keep you from proclaiming the Gospel.
• What is your prison?
To Magnify Christ Means to Show the Magnitude of His Value To You. Philippians. 1:18-20
- Exalted = MAGNIFIED
- Faith Does The Magnifying
Faith is the confidence or trust that we put in a person who has given us cause to think that he is reliable and is able and willing to help us in our need.
To Live in Christ Means to Live By and For Faith in Christ. Philippians 1:21-26
“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
- Why is this verse a life verse for so many believers?
- Explain what this verse means to you and your life today?
Things to consider this coming week.
• If you feel like you are Paul, in prison, and something is holding you back, bring it to God In Christ there is freedom from those things.
• If faith does the magnifying, think about some ways we can either physically show or mentally show your faith in Jesus, more than what you are doing right now.
• Think about some of the things that you value and show off. How can you do that with Jesus?
Thought of the Week:
When your faith is visible, Jesus is visible.
• Is there anything in your life that is keeping you from Jesus? What is it?
• What do you think are some ways you can break out of “your prison”?
• What do you think are some ways in which you can magnify Christ in your life?
• What are some ways you can show your faith to others? How can we as UABC do that?