Union Avenue exists...
Connecting you to Christ and His Community.
What We Believe
The Word of God – We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, completely true without any mixture of error.
The Godhead – We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of all things, eternally divine existing to glorify Himself in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father – We believe in God the Father: an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love.
- God the Son – We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son, who has precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections as God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. We believe further that He is not only true God, but true man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. We also believe in His sinless life, His substitutionary atonement, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven, His priestly intercession on behalf of His people, and His personal, visible, return from heaven.
- God the Holy Spirit – We believe in the Holy Spirit, His personality and His work in regeneration, sanctification, and preservation. His ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to implement Christ’s work of redeeming the lost, and to empower the believer for godly living and service.
Mankind– We believe God originally created persons, male and female, in the image of God and free from sin for the purpose of glorifying Him. We believe that man voluntarily sinned against God and fell from his original created state. Consequently, we believe all people are sinners by nature and choice and are spiritually dead, under just condemnation.
Salvation – We believe in salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We further believe that this salvation is based upon the sovereign grace of God, was purchased by Jesus Christ on the cross, and is received by faith, apart from any human merit, works, or ritual.
The Church – We believe that the Church is the spiritual body of which Christ is the head. We believe that the true Church is composed of all persons who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe that this body expresses itself in an autonomous local congregation whose members have been baptized by immersion upon a credible confession of faith and have associated themselves by covenant for worship, for instruction, for evangelism, and for service.
The Ordinances – We believe that Christian Baptism is the immersion in water of a believer, into the name of the Father, and Son, and Holy Spirit. Christian Baptism displays our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Savior demonstrating our death to sin and resurrection to a new life. We believe that the Lord's Supper was instituted by Christ for the church to commemorate together the dying love of Christ.
Christian Conduct – We believe that the supreme task of believers is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever in their life and that their conduct should be blameless before the world. We further believe that they should be faithful stewards of their possessions and that they should seek to realize the full stature of maturity in Christ.
The Last Things – We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth to establish His kingdom. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and lost, the eternal existence of all people either in heaven or hell; the righteous to eternal joy in heaven and the unrighteous to eternal punishment in hell.
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- Engaging Worship: Connecting through prayer that leads to praise.
- Scripture Grounded.
- All People.
- Service Minded.
- Great Commission.
How we do ministry
- Connect: We seek to connect people to a saving relationship with Christ.
- Grow: We seek to connect people to a growing relationship with Christ.
- Serve: We seek to connect people to use their gifts to serve the body of Christ.
- Go: We seek to connect people to be on mission through making disciple of Christ both locally and globally.